Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Have A Happy Halloween In Vegas


The staff and management of What's Happening, Vegas wish you and yours a Happy Halloween, Vegas style. Vegas is a place where people come to forget their troubles and Halloween is the holiday where we can all laugh at death. What an awesome combination! If Halloween (or All-hallow-even ) is when the veil between the spirit and earthy world is thinnest, then let the spirit of good luck break on through and visit you while you are visiting Vegas!

Oh, by the way, we wish the residents of the great state of Nevada a happy Nevada Day.

Vegas' Ghostly Growth
or "Nothin' Says Lovin' Like Somethin' From The Coven"



My wife and I drove around Henderson last night to some of the more affluent neighborhoods where some Halloween home decorations and lawn displays seem to have gone beyond the pale ( excuse the pun ). I mean even Santa himself is getting jealous of some of these elaborate lawn displays. And people are really in "deadly" competition with each other. If I were a kid, I would be scared to walk out of some of these houses the displays are that scary! Some of these displays must have cost at least one mortgage balloon payment.

Judging by the Halloween parties at the local clubs, one would think that this is the most important celebration of the year for Vegas.

We do not get many ( or more likely, any ) kids visiting for Trick or Treat in our over 55 retirement neighborhood; and as an "old geezer", I have to laugh on how times have changed. When I was a wee boy in a Pennsylvania hollow (a hollow weener! -oops ), Trick or Treat was a magical night. We were not accompanied by adults ( what a bummer that would have been ! ) and there were no house checks by the police on known child molesters registered sex offenders. The only time I ever got mugged in my life was when at the age of 10, some older kids forcibly stole my bag of Halloween candy, but after the initial shock, I just shrugged it off and went back to the same houses and begged for more ( accompanied by some 12 year old friends ).

0 comments:

Post a Comment