Monday, June 02, 2008

Vega$ TV Series


I have never watched one episode of Las Vegas, the TV series which aired on NBC from September 22, 2003 to February 15, 2008. So, even though it got mixed reviews, I will have to eventually catch up with the series. Luckily ( and such a rare thing this luck can be ) there are DVDs available on Amazon.com that cover all five seasons. So if I'm ever bedridden, I would definitely consider catching up.

But at the risk of revealing my age, I must admit that the Vegas TV series that stands out in my mind is the ABC series Vega$ that aired between 1978 and 1981. It was one of the influences that made me want to move to Vegas back then.


Vega$ is an American detective television drama series that aired on ABC between 1978 and 1981. It was produced by Aaron Spelling. The series, (with the exception of special episodes in Hawaii & San Francisco) was filmed in its entirety in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is believed to be the first television series produced entirely in Las Vegas. The show starred Robert Urich as private detective Dan Tanna, who drove around the streets of Las Vegas in a red 1957 Ford Thunderbird solving crimes and making Las Vegas a better place for residents and tourists alike. The series was one of the first shows to air on the FX Network when it began in 1994 but has not aired in the U.S. in over a decade. -from the Wikipedia article.





Vega$ IMDB profile.

Click here for theme song.



Vega$ Intro ( 1978 )



Vega$ Pilot Opening


0 comments:

Post a Comment